Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Klaatu Barada Nikto

Gort
15 mm



Barely a paint job at all, really.  The figure is from 15mm.co.uk.

Sidebar: The Day The Earth Stood Still, as classic as it may be, has got to be one of the most BORING films I've ever seen.  It's not just "different era slow", or "arty Solaris/2001 slow" it's sloooooooooow.  Of course you can't fault the moral message about the barbarity of war, but for better or worse this is not a film that has aged well.  Then again, I don't like The Maltese Falcon either, so maybe I am just a barbarian :/

"Gettin' real tired of your sh*t, Robot Monster."

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I was surprised at how slow the movie was when I first saw it. And bored.

    Gort looks good, but including the pic immediately below makes me think he's be a little better with knee shadow and panty lines. :-) The metallics are really smooth. What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, good idea, I should add some panty lines. His legs are pretty monolithic.

      Delete
    2. Oops... just GW boltgun metal and silver.

      Delete
  2. Klaatu is going to klatt some body upside his antennae! Nice work, Mr. M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Allison. Maltese Falcon? I'm sure I heard about that somewhere.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. mnnn... classic! you only lack ow Robby from Forbidden Planet !

    Nice shiny metal. I'd have used chrome spary paint (I use a grafitty brand one) to go even shinier.

    Really insighful comment from mike, knee shadows would make somethin special (in case that effect works at so small scale).

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!