Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Space Adventurer #5


The Dark Warlord
15 mm

Hatred is like a long, dark shadow... It is like a two-edged sword. When you cut the other person, you cut yourself. The more violently you hack at the other person, the more violently you hack at yourself. - Haruki Murakami, "The Wind-up Bird Chronicle"



Of course I saved the best for last... and this is such a great figure too!  The sense of aggressive forward motion is really there, with that cape billowing behind him.  Seemingly beyond redemption, he charges into combat cutting his enemies down without mercy.  His powers are impressive, but his main allies are his own hate and anger.


My source lighting on this one is definitely inspired by dis's excellent version of this figure.  I think the figure looked pretty good without it, but that's no excuse to get lazy, now is it? ;)  The base is actually super simple - a piece of an old model kit that has a treadplate texture on it.  I wanted something cool but not so elaborate it distracted from the figure itself.


9 comments:

  1. Great set of minis, and a great paint skill applied to these warriors. The light from the villain's saber lighting up his body is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite agree with Jay- top treatment of a nice set of minis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look fantastic especially this dark master the lighting sets it off a treat. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg That is a brilliant and fantastic lineup of star wars figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all, glad you like them :) They were super fun to paint, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. errr... I usually love your work but this time, let's say... a white stick turning red at its top looks... weird, to me at least.

    Somehow Dis's one looks more subtle, maybe cause there is less white on it.

    I guess it's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, javi... there IS something about dis' paint job that I really like. I don't know that it's the saber, maybe it's the mood of the lighting? Anyway it was inspirational to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!